Friday, March 26, 2010

It's YAMMER TIME!

Recently I received an email that my company was adding YAMMER as a new method of internal communication. Yammer is a social networking Web site that functions much like facebook and twitter, providing feeds for updates, but for companies.

Yammer's office is located in my sales territory, so I dropped by. Maybe it's the fact that they hooked me up with a free t-shirt (see adjacent photo) or that they fed me lunch, or that it was my first time inside a budding start-up encroaching world domination (exploding in Australia and the Netherlands)... but I walked out the door bursting with yammer-citement. The first thing I did when I got home: logged in and subscribed to my CEO's Yammer feed.

E-Mail reduced paper clutter allowing companies to pass along memos, internal communication electronically. Now Yammer reduces e-mail clutter.

While it's no FACEBOOK or TWITTER (I'm blocked from those sites while logged in at work), I do marvel at the evolution of social networking- from a college phenomenon to a new form of professional, effective communication.


I give YAMMER a
thumbs up for taking
social networking to
the next level.


...now when does Yammer Farmville 1.0 arrive?

No comments: