Thursday, June 2, 2011

Father Knows Best

I always blast new blog posts (though recently they have been admittedly infrequent) to my parents. Normally, I'll get a thin comment posted by my mom, but last night's post even provoked my dad to lace up and jump into the literary game. I loved it and had to share:

"There is a down fall to all the print that is going to be lost................ Magazines will not be left in the bathroom or stuffed under the mattress. Old books in the future will be hard to discover in someone's attic. What are we going to put on our book shelves.. Kindles? What are we going to take to Antique Road Show... printouts? I think not! The upside is if you are in possession of print from a publisher twenty years from now you will be look upon as if you are in possession of the Hope Diamond because they will be priceless."

I tremble at the thought that soon the books that adorn my shelves will no longer showcase my favorite reads but rather slip to serve only as decorative clutter. Is the attack of technology going to replace books as efficiently as it consumed snail mail?!

No comments: